Labor day BBQ recipe suggestion: Marinated Pork Steaks
This is a multinational recipe that I made up. It is extremely simple and quick to make. My family and friends like it so here it is:
- A mix of tomato ketchup, honey, soy sauce and hot mustard. The Ketchup and honey make up most of the mix. Then the soy sauce and finally a small amount of hot mustard.
Cover the pork steaks with the marinade and leave for at least one hour.
Then place on a hot grill and turn. Be careful not to overcook.
Hungarian Cucumber salad.
This is a very refreshing salad that has my guests demanding the recipe. It came from my mother, who was a cook book writer.
- 2 large cucumbers
- Soured cream
- Paprika pepper
- Peel the cucumbers then slice them very thin.
- Mix in lots of salt to the sliced cucumbers and then put a plate or similar on top of the mix to weigh down on the cucumber slices. (This will help draw the liquid out)
- Wait 1/2 hour then take a handful at a time and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Put the squeezed cucumbers into a serving dish and mix in the soured cream.
- Season with fresh ground pepper.
- Sprinkle paprika pepper over the top. (This is mostly for decoration.)
Serve chilled. Add Pingback